Performance Co-Pilot (PCP) is an open source framework and toolkit for monitoring, analyzing, and responding to details of live and historical system performance. PCP has a fully distributed, plug-in based architecture making it particularly well suited to centralized analysis of complex environments and systems. Custom performance metrics can be added using the C, C++, Perl, and Python interfaces.
Tutorials, Articles and Videos
- Introduction to storage performance analysis with PCP
- Performance Co-Pilot Tutorials and Case Studies
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 - Evaluating Red Hat Storage Performance Using Performance Co-Pilot
White Papers, Guide Books and Case Studies and Presentations
- Performance Co-Pilot Quick Reference Guide
- Performance Co-Pilot User's and Administrator's Guide
- Performance Co-Pilot Programming Guide
- Performance Co-Pilot + a RHEL Case Study
Knowledge Base Articles and Solutions
- How do I install Performance Co-Pilot (PCP) on my RHEL server to capture performance logs
- PCP Data Sheet - Architecture and Feature Summary
- Installing and using the pcp-zeroconf package for Performance Co-Pilot (PCP)
- What are all the Performance Co-Pilot (PCP) RPM packages in RHEL?
- How to use Performance Co-Pilot
- How do I gather performance data logs to upload to my support case using Performance Co-Pilot (PCP)
- How can I merge multiple PCP archives into one for a system level performance analysis covering multiple days or weeks
- How can I use Performance Co-Pilot (PCP) to capture a "once-off" performance data archive log for a specific interval of time
- How is Performance Co-Pilot (PCP) designed and structured?
- What are the typical Performance Co-Pilot (PCP) deployment strategies?
- How can I customize the Performance Co-Pilot logging configuration
- How can I change the default logging interval used by Performance Co-Pilot (PCP)?
- Are Red Hat planning to include PCP (Performance Co-Pilot) in RHEL?
- How do I configure a firewall on a RHEL server to allow remote monitoring with Performance Co-Pilot (PCP)?
- How does Performance Co-Pilot (PCP) compare with sysstat
- Side-by-side comparison of PCP tools with legacy tools
- How to use a non-default PMDA with PCP?
- pmiostat fails to replay a PCP archive log created on a RHEL6 system
- Overview of Additional Performance Tuning Utilities in Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7
- Interactive web interface for Performance Co-Pilot
- How can I run PCP services in a Docker container?
- How can I convert a collectl archive into a Performance Co-Pilot (PCP) archive?
- PCP fails to start on systems running other processes with the same names
- How to configure maximum archive size and retention period for Performance Co-Pilot?
- PCP configuration to compare performance in postgresql
- What version of Performance Co-Pilot is included with each RHEL release?
- Is it possible to use pcp in order to collect nfs client related load statistics?
- How can I collect data from all my ESXi hosts with the PCP VMWARE agent?
- Grafana dashboard visualizes PCP archives, not hosts