Red Hat Training
A Red Hat training course is available for Red Hat Enterprise Linux
Chapter 8. System and Services
systemdis a system and service manager for Linux, and replaces SysV and Upstart used in previous releases of Red Hat Enterprise Linux. systemd is compatible with SysV and Linux Standard Base init scripts.
systemd offers, among others, the following capabilities:
- Aggressive parallelization capabilities;
- Use of socket and D-Bus activation for starting services;
- On-demand starting of daemons;
- Managing of control groups;
- Creating of system state snapshots and restoring of the system state.
For detailed information about systemd and its configuration, see System Administrator's Guide.