2.2. Creating a Cluster with the pcsd Web UI
- To create a cluster, click on Create New and enter the name of the cluster to create and the nodes that constitute the cluster. You can also configure advanced cluster options from this screen, including the transport mechanism for cluster communication, as described in Section 2.2.1, “Advanced Cluster Configuration Options”. After entering the cluster information, click .
- To add an existing cluster to the Web UI, click on Add Existing and enter the host name or IP address of a node in the cluster that you would like to manage with the Web UI.
pcsdWeb UI to configure a cluster, you can move your mouse over the text describing many of the options to see longer descriptions of those options as a
2.2.1. Advanced Cluster Configuration Options
Figure 2.2. Create Clusters page
2.2.2. Setting Cluster Management Permissions
- Permissions for managing the cluster with the Web UI, which also grants permissions to run
pcscommands that connect to nodes over a network. This section describes how to configure those permissions with the Web UI.
- Permissions for local users to allow read-only or read-write access to the cluster configuration, using ACLs. Configuring ACLs with the Web UI is described in Section 2.3.4, “Configuring ACLs”.
haclusterto manage the cluster through the Web UI and to run
pcscommands that connect to nodes over a network by adding them to the group
haclient. You can then configure the permissions set for an individual member of the group
haclientby clicking the tab on the page and setting the permissions on the resulting screen. From this screen, you can also set permissions for groups.
- Read permissions, to view the cluster settings
- Write permissions, to modify cluster settings (except for permissions and ACLs)
- Grant permissions, to modify cluster permissions and ACLs
- Full permissions, for unrestricted access to a cluster, including adding and removing nodes, with access to keys and certificates