Red Hat Satellite 6.3 is now available.
Red Hat is pleased to announce the general availability of Red Hat Satellite 6.3. The latest release increases product stability and usability, and introduces new and enhanced features designed to meet user needs.
Key features of Red Hat Satellite 6.3 are organized into key content areas below. Most of the new features include links to the feature overview available on the content portal.
- Improved content download policies and synchronization (Lazy Sync tool)
- New ‘Custom’ file type repository
- Improved ability to manage provisioning templates (Pull templates from GIT tool [Tech Preview])
- VMWare Bootdisk Image [Tech Preview]
Security & User Access:
- Improved UI notifications (Notification Drawer tool)
- New future-dated subscriptions
- Ability to clone existing Satellite server to a new host (Cloning tool)
- Change the Satellite hostname while changing configurations (Renaming Tool)
- New virt-who configuration wizard
- New Tracer tool [Tech Preview]
In addition to the above major features for Satellite 6.3, there are a decent number of smaller features that do not have detailed feature overviews associated. The list of these other features are available here.
For more details on this release, see the Release Notes.
For instructions on perfoming a fresh install of Red Hat Satellite 6.3, see the Installation Guide.
For instructions on upgrading from an earlier version of Red Hat Satellite 6.x, see the Upgrading and Updating Red Hat Satellite Guide.