- Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL)
- Red Hat Software Collections (RHSCL)
- Red Hat JBoss Web Server (JWS/EWS)
- Red Hat JBoss Core Services (JBCS)
- Red Hat JBoss Enterprise Application Platform (EAP)
- Apache Web Server (HTTPD)
- What version of httpd is supported on RHEL?
- Is the community version of Apache httpd supported?
- Which versions of Apache httpd are supported?
- How can I install Apache 2.4/2.5? Is Apache httpd 2.4/2.5 supported?
- Does Redhat support self compiled apache installations?
- What are supported install methods for apache 2.4(e.g. rpm and yum only etc.)?
- Support for Apache installation.
- We need to update the httpd version from 2.4.9 to 2.4.12 . we are unable to find the same on portal. Please provide Apache executable file for this.
- Which is the latest version of httpd(Apache) server available from RHEL.
- Apache HTTPD Upgrade / Update to latest version
- I am aware that the Apache HTTPD version supplied for RHEL7.1 is version 2.4.6.Will Redhat upgrade this to 2.5 in future for RHEL7?
- I also have RHEL6.6 OS. Will there be plans to upgrade the Apache Httpd package in future?
- Apache Prior to 2.4.4 and 2.2.24 Multiple Vulnerabilities
- Apache HTTP Server Prior to 2.2.25 Multiple Vulnerabilities
- httpd vulnerability on port 443
- We patched httpd packages to latest (available on RHEL6 repository) to solve below vulnerabilities but seems there is still a vulnerability that Qualys is reporting
- What is the latest version of httpd supported on RHEL
- It looks like the latest is 2.2.3 but this is quite old.
- Does RHEL 7 support Apache version 2.2.31? Else, which Apache Version does RHEL 7 supports?
- Which versions of Apache are available for my version of Red Hat Enterprise Linux?
- It is necessary to install a specific version of Apache, does the installed version of Red Hat Enterprise Linux supports it?
- We need to know which is latest Apache (httpd) version that Redhat support?
- Does Apache/2.2.31 (Unix) support in RHEL6 or RHEL7?
- Does Apache/2.4.33 (Unix) support by Red Hat on RHEL7.5?
- Is Red Hat Apache version 2.4.37 current ? Cannot find a package with higher version.
- What is the latest version of JBCS Apache httpd?
Apache HTTP Server versions included in currently-supported products
Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL)1 -
- RHEL 5: based on upstream v2.2.3
- RHEL 6: based on upstream v2.2.15
- RHEL 7: based on upstream v2.4.6
- RHEL 8: based on upstream v2.4.37
Red Hat Software Collections (RHSCL)2 -
- RHSCL 2.0 / 2.1 : based on upstream httpd 2.4.12
- RHSCL 2.2 / 2.3 : based on upstream httpd 2.4.18
- RHSCL 2.4 : based on upstream httpd 2.4.18
- RHSCL 3.0 / 3.1 : based on upstream httpd 2.4.27
- RHSCL 3.2 / 3.3 : based on upstream httpd 2.4.34
Red Hat JBoss Web Server (JWS)3 Apache HTTP Server
- JWS 3.1+: Utilizes JBCS Apache HTTP Server (See below)
- JWS 3.0: based on upstream v2.4.6
- EWS 2.1: based on upstream v2.2.26
- EWS 1.0.2: based on upstream v2.2.17
JBoss Enterprise App Platform (EAP)4 Apache HTTP Server
- EAP 6.4: based on upstream v2.2.26
- EAP 7: Apache HTTP Server was moved to the separate JBCS product
- EAP 5 and earlier: Apache HTTP Server was not included
Red Hat JBoss Core Services (JBCS)5 Apache HTTP Server
- Latest is based on upstream v2.4.37
- Prior releases were based on upstream v2.4.29 v2.4.23 and v2.4.6
Note that the versions of Apache HTTP Server included in the above products are in most cases vastly different from the upstream community releases of the same version
- This is explained by Red Hat's Security Backporting Policy and is the most common cause of admins/auditors trying to get a newer version of Apache
- For example: EWS 2.1.0 & EAP 6.4.0 include Apache httpd based on upstream v2.2.26; however, they also include multiple CVE security fixes which are not in the original community release of Apache httpd 2.2.266
Community releases of Apache httpd are NOT supported
Self-compiled apache installations even using the source code shipped by Red Hat is NOT supported
Apache httpd v2.5 is currently not included in any Red Hat product
Resources: Red Hat Software Collections Product Life Cycle and How to use Red Hat Software Collections (RHSCL) or Red Hat Developer Toolset (DTS) and Product Documentation for Red Hat Software Collections. ↩
For full details, including older versions of JWS/EWS, see JBoss Web Server Component Details. Further resources: Red Hat JBoss Middleware Product Update and Support Policy - Life Cycle Dates and Product Documentation for Red Hat JBoss Web Server. ↩
For full details, including older versions of EAP 6, see JBoss Enterprise Application Platform Component Details. Further resources: Red Hat JBoss Middleware Product Update and Support Policy - Life Cycle Dates and Product Documentation for JBoss Enterprise Application Platform. ↩
- Red Hat JBoss Enterprise Application Platform
- Red Hat Software Collections
- Red Hat JBoss Web Server
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux
This solution is part of Red Hat’s fast-track publication program, providing a huge library of solutions that Red Hat engineers have created while supporting our customers. To give you the knowledge you need the instant it becomes available, these articles may be presented in a raw and unedited form.