- To set a password policy, the requirements are as follows:
- Requirement 1. password warntime=7(days before a forced password change that a warning will be given to the user informing them of the impending password change)
- Requirement 2. maxage=13(maximum number of weeks a password is valid)
- Requirement 3. minlen=8(minimum length of a password)
- Requirement 4. minother=1(the minimum number of non-alphabetic characters in a password)
- Requirement 5. minalpha=1(the minimum number of alphabetic characters in a password)
- Requirement 6. Keep history of passwords used (the number of previous passwords which cannot be reused)
- Requirement 7. Is it possible to use /etc/login.defs file for setting up the password related parameters
- Requirement 8. How to configure pam_tally2 to lock user account after certain number of failed login attempts?
- Requirement 9. How to set password should expiry after 90 days for individual user?
- Requirement 10. How to change a user's password's maximum age such that the user does not have to reset the password when logging in the next time?
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7
Subscriber exclusive content
A Red Hat subscription provides unlimited access to our knowledgebase, tools, and much more.