- Network interfaces are bonded together using active-backup mode and vlan tagged interfaces are created on top of the bond.
- Bonding works perfectly but failover does not happen if the current active interface goes down.
[root@xxxx ~]# cat /sys/class/net/bond0.131/operstate lowerlayerdown
- This works properly if vlan tagging is not used.
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.3
- Bonded Network Interfaces and VLAN tagging (802.1q)
Subscriber exclusive content
A Red Hat subscription provides unlimited access to our knowledgebase, tools, and much more.