- KVM, Xen, and VMwre all support online resize of the virtual block devices that the virtual machines use.
- Unfortunately, since the partitions in the boot virtual block device are already in use, those can't be modified online and the virtual machine won't pick up the changes on the boot virtual block device without a reboot.
- We are looking for the ability to dynamically increase a partitioned volume, is it possible to resize the disk partitions online in RHEL 8?
- We are unable to dynamically increase a SAN attached volume without taking the volume offline. When will this feature to support online resize of disk partitions be available?
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8
- For Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7, see solution 199573.
Subscriber exclusive content
A Red Hat subscription provides unlimited access to our knowledgebase, tools, and much more.