- Both Xen and KVM support online resize of the virtual block devices that the virtual machines use.
- Unfortunately, since the partitions in the boot virtual block device are already in use, those can't be modified online and the virtual machine won't pick up the changes on the boot virtual block device without a reboot.
- We are looking for ability to dynamically increase a partitioned volume, is it possible to resize the disk partitions online in RHEL 7?
- We are unable to dynamically increase a SAN attached volume without taking the volume offline. When will this feature to Support online resize of disk partitions be available?
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux(RHEL) 7.
Subscriber exclusive content
A Red Hat subscription provides unlimited access to our knowledgebase of over 48,000 articles and solutions.
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux
Welcome! Check out the Getting Started with Red Hat page for quick tours and guides for common tasks.