- Our customer encountered a problem that following message was logged heavily.
truncating integer value > 32 bits
- We thought this issue corresponds to the following kbase, but it was not related because the customer is using net-snmp(net-snmp-126.96.36.199-9.el5_5.1) which fixed the issue in RHBA-2010:0253-1
'snmpwalk' command produces "truncating integer value > 32 bits" error in /var/log/messages
- Also, the customer wants to know if there are the way to stop the message even if it is for a short time. For example, restarting snmp service. The customer minds because it logs heavily. Please tell me about this, too.
- According to the customer, the message in question was logged only when information of OID 188.8.131.52.184.108.40.206.0 (sysUpTimeInstance) was requested.
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.6
Subscriber exclusive content
A Red Hat subscription provides unlimited access to our knowledgebase, tools, and much more.