JVM crashes after updating to kernel with patch for Stack Guard flaw (CVE-2017-1000364)
- jsvc causes Java 1.8 to core dump when running Tomcat 8. This started happening in kernel version 2.6.32-696.3.2. The kernel is the only difference in my environment between it working and core dumping jsvc.
- JVM crashes after updating to kernel-3.10.0-514.21.2.el7.x86_64
- After installing the errata kernel to fix the Stack Guard flaw (CVE-2017-1000364), JVM is crashing.
- After we installed kernel-2.6.18-420.el5 various Java applications started crashing.
- Reports of JVM crashes occurring after upgrading to a kernel with the fix for stack guard flaw.
# A fatal error has been detected by the Java Runtime Environment: # # SIGBUS (0x7) at pc=0x00007f0d190f6ec3, pid=17221, tid=0x00007f0d2be12740 # # Problematic frame: # j java.lang.Object.<clinit>()V+0
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7
- Appears to affect all Java versions (Oracle, OpenJDK, 1.7, 1.8, etc)
Subscriber exclusive content
A Red Hat subscription provides unlimited access to our knowledgebase, tools, and much more.