- jsvc causes Java 1.8 to core dump when running Tomcat 8. This started happening in kernel version 2.6.32-696.3.2. The kernel is the only difference in my environment between it working and core dumping jsvc.
- JVM crashes after updating to kernel-3.10.0-514.21.2.el7.x86_64
- After installing the errata kernel to fix the Stack Guard flaw (CVE-2017-1000364), JVM is crashing.
- After we installed kernel-2.6.18-420.el5 various Java applications started crashing.
- Reports of JVM crashes occurring after upgrading to a kernel with the fix for stack guard flaw.
# A fatal error has been detected by the Java Runtime Environment: # # SIGBUS (0x7) at pc=0x00007f0d190f6ec3, pid=17221, tid=0x00007f0d2be12740 # # Problematic frame: # j java.lang.Object.<clinit>()V+0
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7
- Appears to affect all Java versions (Oracle, OpenJDK, 1.7, 1.8, etc)
Subscriber exclusive content
A Red Hat subscription provides unlimited access to our knowledgebase of over 48,000 articles and solutions.
Welcome! Check out the Getting Started with Red Hat page for quick tours and guides for common tasks.