- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.2 and higher
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux for SAP Solutions
- What is the "Red Hat Enterprise Linux for SAP Solutions" subscription?
- Does RHEL for SAP Solutions subscription provides access to the new Update Services for SAP Solutions?
Built on Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL), RHEL for SAP Solutions offers the following additional components:
- SAP specific technical components to support S/4HANA, SAP HANA, and SAP Business Apps
- High Availability solutions for S/4HANA, SAP HANA, and SAP Business Applications
- Smart Management for lifecycle management
- Red Hat Insights for proactive optimization
- Update Services for SAP Solutions, that provides support on specified minor releases for 4 years from General Availability. See the RHEL Life Cycle page for details.
- Extended Update Support (EUS) for versions that do not have Update Services for SAP Solutions. EUS provides support on specific minor releases for 2 years from General Availability.
- Update Services for SAP Solutions is only provided with RHEL for SAP Solutions and for customers running either SAP HANA or SAP Applications. It is not available on any other RHEL products, or for customers not running SAP workloads.
- Update Services for SAP Solutions is only provided on specified minor RHEL releases, which may be different than the EUS releases.
- RHEL for SAP Solutions subscription should be applied on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.2 and higher
- RHEL for SAP Solutions subscription may be used with Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 , but does not include Insights and Update Services for SAP Solutions. However, EUS is available on specific RHEL 6 releases, and can be used under the RHEL for SAP Solutions subscription to allow for easier migration.
Below is the overview of the SAP specific technical components that are included in the respective channels:
|RPM/Channel||RHEL for SAP Applications||RHEL for SAP HANA|
Software Components included with Red Hat Enterprise Linux for SAP Applications channel
- sapconf: provides an automated RHEL provisioning solution for SAP including kernel parameters, additional rpms, network settings etc. Can be integrated into kickstart and Satellite Server.
- compat-sap-c++ : Provides additional runtime compatibility libraries required by the newer NetWeaver releases . These libraries are installed independently of the standard runtime libraries provided by RHEL.
- tuned-profiles-sap: provides the "sap-netweaver" profile (based on the "enterprise-storage" profile) to tune RHEL for running SAP NetWeaver based applications.
- resource-agents-sap: provides Pacemaker cluster resource agents (SAPDatabase and SAPInstance) to set up high available SAP NetWeaver environments.
- compat-locales-sap: enables Legacy SAP locales to easily migrate non-unicode SAP NetWeaver installations from UNIX/Windows to Linux (see SAP Note 187864). Also provides additional locales for customers still running non-Unicode SAP applications. For example a "de_DE@HPUX" locale is provided that changes the sorting for German on RHEL to match the sorting on HP-UX to avoid sorting issues as described in SAP Note 952625.
- vhostmd/vm-dump-metrics monitoring daemon and client required by SAP for KVM support (see SAP Note 1400911).
- Future solutions. All future solutions for SAP applications will be added to the RHEL for SAP Applications channel.
Software Components included with Red Hat Enterprise Linux for SAP HANA channel
- Scalable File System Add-On (XFS) at no additional charge.
- compat-sap-c++: Provides additional runtime compatibility libraries required by the newer NetWeaver releases . These libraries are installed independently of the standard runtime libraries provided by RHEL.
- tuned profiles: “sap-hana” and “sap-hana-vmware”. tuned profile(s) targeted to SAP HANA loads
- resource-agents-sap-hana: resource agents for managing SAP HANA instance in a pacemaker cluster environment.
- Future solutions. All future solutions for SAP HANA will be added to the RHEL for SAP HANA channel.
Red Hat Enterprise Linux High Availability
SAP Solutions Subscription includes Red Hat Enterprise Linux High Availability Add-on.
Red Hat Enterprise Linux High Availability provides all necessary packages for configuring pacemaker based cluster that provides reliability, scalability, and availability to critical production services.
Smart Management for lifecycle management
SAP Solutions Subscription includes Smart Management Add-on. Smart Management Add-on is required for each Red Hat Enterprise Linux system that you want to manage with Red Hat Satellite. It allows one to easily manage an organization and update Red Hat Enterprise Linux systems using Red Hat Satellite.
Red Hat Insights for proactive optimization
SAP Solutions Subscription includes Red Hat Insights Add-on. Red Hat Insights analyzes IT infrastructure against Red Hat’s constantly expanding Knowledgebase to provide real-time assessment for risks related to performance, availability, stability, and security. For more information refer: Learn more about Red Hat Insights
Refer to the corresponding article for registering SAP Applications or SAP HANA system to the Update Services for SAP Solutions
- Learn more
This solution is part of Red Hat’s fast-track publication program, providing a huge library of solutions that Red Hat engineers have created while supporting our customers. To give you the knowledge you need the instant it becomes available, these articles may be presented in a raw and unedited form.
Welcome! Check out the Getting Started with Red Hat page for quick tours and guides for common tasks.