- In Red Hat Openstack Platform 8 / Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.2, using 'isolcpus' will result a re-use of only one Physical CPU (pCPU) , without load balancing with other pCPUs, with contrary to previous release where there was a load balance between them.
- This behavior results a significant performance degradation as the number of cores assigned to the VM will increase.
- Red Hat Openstack Platform 8 (with/without CPU pinning).
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.2 (with/without CPU pinning).
- Not applicable for a KVM-RT environment.
Subscriber exclusive content
A Red Hat subscription provides unlimited access to our knowledgebase of over 48,000 articles and solutions.