- Red Hat Customer Portal
- Not able to find a required package on the Red Hat Customer Portal.
- How do I download a specific package from the Customer Portal?
- How can I find out which channel a package is associated with?
- How do I download an rpm package manually?
* Before checking the customer portal for packages, first check if system is registered on RHN/CDN.
The required packages can be downloaded & installed using yum if system is registered on RHN/CDN, eg:.
# yum search glibc # yum install glibc
* If the system is not registered, or does not have the required repositories, then search for required package on the Customer Portal.
- Go to Customer Download Page and choose Red Hat Enterprise Linux
- Choose Product Variant, Version and Architecture then select Packages
- Enter package name in Filter field and wait until search completes
- Now the latest version of package can be downloaded directly via Download Latest or click package name on the left for further details
- On the details page different versions and if applicable architectures can be selected. Different channels, source and debug packages aside the changelog can be found on this page
This solution is part of Red Hat’s fast-track publication program, providing a huge library of solutions that Red Hat engineers have created while supporting our customers. To give you the knowledge you need the instant it becomes available, these articles may be presented in a raw and unedited form.