- Red Hat Enterprise Linux
- Red Hat Network Satellite
While registering system using rhnreg_ks command, it fails with "Error Class Code: 91" error:
An error has occurred: Error Message: Registration failed: RHN Software Management service entitlements exhausted Error Class Code: 91 Error Class Info: Registration token unable to entitle system: maximum membership exceeded
- Even if there are active Management entitlements in the account, the system registration fails with "Error Class Code: 91 ".
If there are no active or free Management Entitlements, then additional Management entitlements will need to be purchased to continue using activation keys.
If this issue is seen without using Activation Keys to register a system, it might be possible that there is an activation key in RHN account which is set as a "Universal Default". In this case, RHN would try to apply the default key to any system registering to RHN Classic, leading to the error. Removing the Universal Default setting of the activation key would allow the registration of systems without using a key and without purchasing more Management entitlements. To do this, follow these steps:
Red Hat Satellite:
- Login to the Satellite webUI.
- Click on the
- Click on
- Check for any Activation Keys in the list that have a '*' next to them, which indicates they are set as a
- Click on the Universal Default Activation Key, and un-check the box next to
Universal Default:, and save.
- Try to re-register the Client again.
Note: For additional issues concerning
Error Class Code: 91, see Article: Error Class Code: 91.
Error Class Code: 91is most commonly received while trying to use activation keys to register a system to RHN Classic, but you have exhausted all available Management entitlements.
- Management entitlement is must for any system using an activation key for registration, the registration attempt will fail if there are no available Management entitlements.
- If there is any activation key created on RHN and it set as
Universal Defaultwhich has extra entitlements assigned like Virtualization or Monitoring.
- If any subscriptions have expired from the account and if there is a
Universal Defaultactivation key which is using channels or entitlements provided by that subscription. See RHN Classic Registration fails with Error Class Code 91 and unexpected entitlement requirements for more details.
- Red Hat Network
This solution is part of Red Hat’s fast-track publication program, providing a huge library of solutions that Red Hat engineers have created while supporting our customers. To give you the knowledge you need the instant it becomes available, these articles may be presented in a raw and unedited form.