- Setting vm.swappiness=0 on RHEL6.4 and later releases can result in applications like IBM DB2 which require a lot of memory, experience an OOM termination condition even though swap is not being used and memory does not appear to be actually exhausted.
- If the option is set to crash on OOM, a system interruption can occur.
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.4
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.5
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.6
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.7
- A subsequent commit avoids this problem in RHEL7.
Subscriber exclusive content
A Red Hat subscription provides unlimited access to our knowledgebase of over 48,000 articles and solutions.