- Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) 5, 6, 7
- What is LUKS? cryptsetup? dm-crypt?
- What is the difference between cryptsetup plain and cryptsetup LUKS?
- What packages are required for LUKS in Red Hat Enterprise Linux?
- How can LUKS HDD-encryption be accomplished in Red Hat Enterprise Linux?
- What cipher does LUKS use to encrypt a disk?
- How big are the encryption keys LUKS uses? Can this be changed?
- Why do devices encrypted with cryptsetup use a different mode than devices encrypted at install-time?
- How to configure encrypted storage with LUKS using passphrases
- How to configure encrypted storage with LUKS using exportable keys instead of passphrases
- How to add a passphrase, key, or keyfile to an existing LUKS device
- How to extend a LUKS encrypted volume
- How to extend a volgroup and filesystem backed by LUKS-formatted encrypted physical volumes
- How to change cipher, key-size, hash, master key of existing LUKS device
- How can a specific directory on a filesystem be encrypted?
- How to configure encrypted swap
- How to recover lost LUKS key or passphrase
- How to have a root LUKS partition decrypted without a password
- How to create LUKS-Encrypted image and mount it at boot
- How to encrypt root volume group online using
In-depth knowledge article for additional answers:
Product documentation references:
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux
This solution is part of Red Hat’s fast-track publication program, providing a huge library of solutions that Red Hat engineers have created while supporting our customers. To give you the knowledge you need the instant it becomes available, these articles may be presented in a raw and unedited form.