Language and Page Formatting Options
Chapter 3. New Features and Enhancements
3.1. New Features
The following new features have been added to Red Hat Satellite 5.6:
- Embedded database now uses PostgreSQL instead of Oracle. This provides the following database options:
- Embedded PostgreSQL - PostgreSQL Database contained on the Satellite host.
- Managed PostgreSQL - PostgreSQL Database managed on an external host created from Satellite installation.
- External PostgreSQL - User-supplied PostgreSQL database on an external host.
- External Oracle - User-supplied Oracle database on an external host.
- The ability to provide online or hot backups of the database for Embedded and Managed PostgreSQL deployments.
- Enhanced Reporting features that integrate with Subscription Asset Manager 1.3 and later to allow details on subscription reporting over time.
- ABRT system failure reporting for Satellite clients, which proovides a centralized reporting of detected ABRT crashes.
- Improved SCAP auditing features and support for XCCDF 1.2 to provide capturing of detailed HTML reports.
- Inter-Satellite Synchronization now managed within the Web UI, including the ability to preserve Multi-Orgranization permissions and trusts, and mapping them to other Satellites within an Inter-Satellite-Synchronization environment.
- Provisioning Enhancements:
- Support for the usage of the
cobbler buildisooption for PXE-less provisioning on Satellite hosts using x86_64 architecture.
- Kickstart profiles can now automatically track to newest kickstart trees when available.
- Web UI Enhancements.
- Reband to "Red Hat Satellite" from "Red Hat Network Satellite".