"Encountered end of file" on yum update

Latest response

Hello,

I have a fresh RHEL 7.2 server (via the developer access programme), however despite installing three (!) times now, I seem to be having severe issues with Yum:

https://cdn.redhat.com/content/eus/rhel/server/7/7Server/x86_64/os/Packages/abrt-addon-ccpp-2.1.11-35.el7.x86_64.rpm: [Errno 14] curl#35 - "Encountered end of file"

If I disable EUS, then I see errors on other CDN areas. Re-running yum multiple times eventually seems to get all of the packages to eventually come through, but it is a very slow process.

After installing, I login over SSH as root, register the system and it pulls down the expected repo information. The next stage is doing a "yum update", which is where I see the above errors.

Some points:

• I've tried multiple times following guides (too many to list) about actually accessing the above URLs via curl -- everything seems to work fine (happy to post any diagnostic messages that might help).

• There is a physical firewall (Dell SonicWALL) between myself and the "outside world", however this box does no filtering/etc., and simply acts as an end point to route traffic over a certain domain to my company's main offices (I am remote worker). I need to no proxies, etc. to be able to access the internet.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers,

Andrew

Responses