- Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) 6 or 7 with the High Availability Add-On
- Using Alibaba Cloud to provide instances that may serve as High Availability cluster members
Recommended Prior Reading
Useful References and Guides
- Support Policies for RHEL High Availability Clusters
- Administrative Procedures - Installing and Configuring a Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.6 (and later) High-Availability Cluster on Alibaba Cloud (Aliyun)
This guide offers Red Hat's policies, requirements, and limitations applicable to the use of Alibaba Cloud instances as members of a RHEL High Availability cluster. Users of RHEL High Availability software components should adhere to these policies by installing only on the approved platforms in order to be eligible to receive assistance from Red Hat Support with the appropriate support subscriptions.
Consider general conditions for support of RHEL High Availability in virtualization environments
Supported releases for Alibaba Cloud instances as High Availability members: Red Hat supports RHEL High Availability cluster members running on Alibaba Cloud instances with the following RHEL releases or later:
- RHEL 7 Update 6 or later - Supported with packages
- RHEL 8 or later - Requires
fence-agents-4.2.1-17.el8_0.3or later. For more information see:
fence_aliyunfails on RHEL 8 with "NameError: name 'client' is not defined" and
aliyuncli-ra configurefails with "NameError: name 'reload' is not defined"
Supported transport protocols: RHEL High Availability clusters with members that run on Alibaba Cloud can only use the
udpu transport protocol - which is the default in RHEL 7 clusters.
For more information, see:
- Explore features - Overview of transport protocols
- Design guidance - Selecting the transport protocol