Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 provides an excellent foundation for database deployments with demonstrated stability, scalability, and performance. With the support for Oracle Database 12c Release 1 (12.1) on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7, customers can increasingly look to deploy Oracle Databases in advanced configurations.
The steps and procedures described in this reference architecture should provide system, database, and storage administrators the blueprint required to create a robust and performing solution based on Oracle Databases. Administrators can reference this document to simplify and optimize the deployment process and employ the recommended practices for configuring Red Hat technologies while implementing the following tasks:
- Deploying Oracle Grid Infrastructure 12c Release 1 (22.214.171.124.0)
- Deploying Oracle Database Software 12c Release 1 (126.96.36.199.0)
- Deploying an Oracle Database 12c Release 1 (188.8.131.52.1) with shared SAN disks
- Using Oracle ASM disks with udev rules or with Oracle ASMLib
- Securing the Oracle Database 12c environment with SELinux