Red Hat has worked to certify several products as part of Microsoft’s Server Virtualization Validation Program (SVVP). Certification by Microsoft of Red Hat products is performed against a specific combination of hypervisor and operating system components. For example:
- Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform 4 on RHEL CoreOS 8
- Red Hat OpenStack Platform on RHEL8.4
- Red Hat Virtualization Host 4.5 (el8.6)
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Version 9.1
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Version 8.6
Please search the Windows Server Catalog - Server Virtualization for other version combinations.
Supportability, certification and compatibility across all applicable Red Hat products stem from these certifications.
The list of Red Hat products that inherit SVVP certification from their hypervisor and operating system components include:
- Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform
- Red Hat OpenStack Platform
- Red Hat Virtualization
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6, 8 and 91
In RHEL 7, RHEL has SVVP support only under specific subscription programs. If you are unsure whether your subscription model includes support for Windows guests, please contact customer support. ↩︎