- How can I upgrade RHEL 6 to RHEL 7 on Gnome Desktop Environment?
- When upgrading RHEL 6 to RHEL7,
preupgshows "FAIL" and cannot be in progress any longer.
# preupg |GNOME Desktop Environment underwent several design modifications in Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 release |fail | We found some critical issues. In-place upgrade is not advised. # redhat-upgrade-tool --iso /rhel-server-7.0-x86_64-dvd.iso setting up repos... preupgrade-assistant risk check found EXTREME risks for this upgrade. Run preupg --riskcheck --verbose to view these risks. Continuing with this upgrade is not recommended.
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7
- Gnome Desktop Environment
Subscriber exclusive content
A Red Hat subscription provides unlimited access to our knowledgebase, tools, and much more.