Why does my server running nscd and nss-ldap stop responding and users are prevented from logging in through ssh?
- Users cannot ssh onto the server and it appears to not be responding.
- The message logs shows below error message.
sshd: fatal: Privilege separation user sshd does not exist nscd: nss_ldap: reconnected to LDAP server ldaps://ldaps.test.com/ after 1 attempt
- Without restarting / reloading nscd service, server does not respond and does not allow to login via ssh.
- Or samba throws an error 'permission denied' while accessing 10 level depth directories
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5
Subscriber exclusive content
A Red Hat subscription provides unlimited access to our knowledgebase, tools, and much more.