- Why does the multicast traffic among virtual machines quit working after upgrade to RHEL 6.5?
- In a virtualized environment based on KVM hypervisor the flow of multicast traffic between the Virtual Machines stops after a constant amount of time.
- Multicast traffic fails to reach the intended destinations after a fixed time has passed.
- Multicast packets can not be received on the guest from other guests
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.5
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.9 onwards
- KVM virtualization or Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization
- Bridged virtual machine network interfaces
- Multicast traffic between guests
Subscriber exclusive content
A Red Hat subscription provides unlimited access to our knowledgebase, tools, and much more.