- How to install a new PostScript Printer Definition (PPD) file
- My printer model isn't listed when I try to add a new printer via the Web or the graphical interface. How can I install the new printer?
- If I add a new printer through Printer Configuration, I still do not see the PPD listed as an option to select for the driver. What should I do now to get that to show up as a driver option when adding a new printer through the Printer Configuration window?
- I need a PPD file for the (insert printer model here). I'm trying to install a network printer using CUPS.
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL), all versions
- Common Unix Printing System (CUPS), all versions
Subscriber exclusive content
A Red Hat subscription provides unlimited access to our knowledgebase of over 48,000 articles and solutions.