"UNSUPPORTED HARDWARE DEVICE: Intel CPU model" alert during RHEL installation and boot time:
from during installation time in
12:22:57,520 CRIT kernel:Detected CPU family 6 model 62 12:22:57,520 CRIT kernel:UNSUPPORTED HARDWARE DEVICE: CPU family 6 model > 59
or, during boot time in
Oct 19 16:49:53 hostname kernel: Detected CPU family 6 model 79 Oct 19 16:49:53 hostname kernel: UNSUPPORTED HARDWARE DEVICE: Intel CPU model
Unsupported Hardware Detected alert during RHEL install.
- While installing our RHEL6 baseline on a physical server, received the following alert "Unsupported Hardware Detected".
- I pressed the OK button and the installation proceeded. This resulted in a correctly installed system, everything seems to work correct.
- how can I find more information about on what part(s) of the system is found to be unsupported, how does this work?
- According to Red Hat certification listings the server is certified on the version being installed/used.
- Why "hardware compatibility" warning message is seen while booting Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 update 3 ?
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) 6.3 and later
- Intel Family 6 Processors
Subscriber exclusive content
A Red Hat subscription provides unlimited access to our knowledgebase of over 48,000 articles and solutions.
Welcome! Check out the Getting Started with Red Hat page for quick tours and guides for common tasks.