"UNSUPPORTED HARDWARE DEVICE: Intel CPU model" alert during RHEL installation and boot time:
from during installation time in
12:22:57,520 CRIT kernel:Detected CPU family 6 model 62 12:22:57,520 CRIT kernel:UNSUPPORTED HARDWARE DEVICE: CPU family 6 model > 59
or, during boot time in
Oct 19 16:49:53 hostname kernel: Detected CPU family 6 model 79 Oct 19 16:49:53 hostname kernel: UNSUPPORTED HARDWARE DEVICE: Intel CPU model
- from during installation time in
- Unsupported Hardware Detected alert during RHEL install.
- While installing our RHEL6 baseline on a physical server, received the following alert "Unsupported Hardware Detected".
- I pressed the OK button and the installation proceeded. This resulted in a correctly installed system, everything seems to work correct.
- how can I find more information about on what part(s) of the system is found to be unsupported, how does this work?
- According to Red Hat certification listings the server is certified on the version being installed/used.
- Why "hardware compatibility" warning message is seen while booting Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 update 3 ?
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) 6.3 and later
- Intel Family 6 Processors
Subscriber exclusive content
A Red Hat subscription provides unlimited access to our knowledgebase of over 48,000 articles and solutions.
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux
- Hardware Certification
Welcome! Check out the Getting Started with Red Hat page for quick tours and guides for common tasks.