- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5
How to enable debug mode of postfix
- You can do it as following approach
- to debug connection from specific host, you can configure it on main.cf file with debug_peer_level and debug_peer_list:
debug_peer_level = 10 debug_peer_list = 127.0.0.1 debug_peer_list = example.domain
- if you need some procedure in each components of postfix (smtpd, cleanup,smtp and so on...), you can add -v on /etc/postfix/master.cf file.
smtp inet n - n - - smtpd -v (snip) cleanup unix n - n - 0 cleanup -v (snip) smtp unix - - n - - smtp -v
** add -v at the end of each lines as option
Then restart postfix service , In above example, smtpd , cleanup , and smtp process will be started in verbose mode.
By this configuration, each component print many informations in /var/log/maillog.
This solution is part of Red Hat’s fast-track publication program, providing a huge library of solutions that Red Hat engineers have created while supporting our customers. To give you the knowledge you need the instant it becomes available, these articles may be presented in a raw and unedited form.