- Red Hat Enterprise Linux
- Is it possible to mount an exFAT filesystem on Red Hat Enterprise Linux?
Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8 and earlier
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux does not support exFAT filesystem. Therefore, it won't be able to mount exFAT filesystem in a supported method.
- For an unsupported method, you can use the EPEL repository
- Once that repository is enabled, it's possible to install the required packages.
# yum install -y exfat-utils fuse fuse-exfat # mkfs.exfat /dev/sdc1 mkexfatfs 1.2.7 Creating... done. Flushing... done. File system created successfully.
Red Hat Enterprise Linux 9
- An exFAT filesystem may be created by installing the
exfatprogspackage and using the
- See the
man 8 mkfs.exfatman page for details.
This solution is part of Red Hat’s fast-track publication program, providing a huge library of solutions that Red Hat engineers have created while supporting our customers. To give you the knowledge you need the instant it becomes available, these articles may be presented in a raw and unedited form.