Cluster Autoscaler is not scaling down nodes in OCP 4
- How to check why the Cluster Autoscaler is not scaling down nodes in OpenShift 4?
There are messages in the
cluster-autoscalerpod preventing nodes to be removed by the Cluster Autoscaler:
Fast evaluation: node [node_name] cannot be removed: pod with local storage present: [pod_name] [...] Fast evaluation: node [node_name] cannot be removed: openshift-marketplace/[pod_name] is not replicated
- Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform (RHOCP)
- Red Hat OpenShift Service on AWS (ROSA)
- Red Hat OpenShift Dedicated (OSD)
- Azure Red Hat OpenShift (ARO)
- OpenShift Managed (Azure)
- Cluster Autoscaler
Subscriber exclusive content
A Red Hat subscription provides unlimited access to our knowledgebase, tools, and much more.