- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.7 and onwards
- Red Hat Subscription Management (RHSM)
- yum update fails with the following error :-
# yum update Plugin "product-id" can't be imported Plugin "subscription-manager" can't be imported Unable to find Subscription Manager module. Error: cannot import name init_dep_injection
- Install missing
m2cryptopackage on system and upgraded
yum-rhn-pluginpackage on affected system.
- Re install
- Remove all the duplicate packages (if present) as mentioned in the
- Red Hat supplied
m2cryptopackage missing on system which caused this error.
- Presense of duplicate packages on the system.
- Subscription manager-related files are modified.
- Collect following details from affected system:
$ strace -fxvto /tmp/strace.out yum update
- Check whether there are any files listed as modified or missing in the output of the following command:
# rpm -V yum subscription-manager
- If so, then download the
subscription-managerpackages from RHN and reinstall them manually :
# rpm --replacepkgs -vh yum-x.x.x.y.y.noarch.rpm subscription-manager-x.x.yy-x.x.x.rpm
- Run the following command to scan the rpm database for any other duplicates as well:
# package-cleanup --dupes
- If the output looks correct, then remove the old versions of these duplicates with:
# package-cleanup --cleandupes
Make sure that subscription-manager and subscription-manager-rhsm are of the same version:
If they are not, it might be a cause for plugins unable to be imported:
This solution is part of Red Hat’s fast-track publication program, providing a huge library of solutions that Red Hat engineers have created while supporting our customers. To give you the knowledge you need the instant it becomes available, these articles may be presented in a raw and unedited form.