What is LVM's filter setting and how do I configure it easily in RHEL?
- I have many disks on my server, not all of which are assigned to LVM
- The default LVM filter of
filter = [ "a/.*/" ]and
global_filter = [ "a/.*/" ]causes extra unnecessary I/O testing for LVM devices at boot.
- LVM commands report I/O errors against passive paths of multipath devices.
- "LVM commands report "Found duplicate" UUID detection events"
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) 5, 6, 7, 8
- Logical Volume Manager (LVM/LVM2)
Subscriber exclusive content
A Red Hat subscription provides unlimited access to our knowledgebase, tools, and much more.