- When using McAfee Agent and Red Hat container-tools, such as
podman, to pull images, errors such as the below appear:
# podman pull docker/io/nginx Trying to pull docker.io/library/nginx:latest... Getting image source signatures Copying blob b78b95af9b17 done Copying blob c7d6bca2b8dc done Copying blob cf16cd8e71e0 done Copying blob aa1efa14b3bf done Copying blob 0241c68333ef done Copying blob f7ec5a41d630 done Copying config 62d49f9bab done Writing manifest to image destination Storing signatures Error processing tar file(exit status 1): open /etc/passwd: permission denied Error: Error committing the finished image: error adding layer with blob "sha256:f7ec5a41d630a33a2d1db59b95d89d93de7ae5a619a3a8571b78457e48266eba": Error processing tar file(exit status 1): open /etc/passwd: permission denied
- For the situation described in this KnowledgeBase solution, this only appears to happen when the McAfee Agent software is loaded on nodes, which consists of several services, binaries, and kernel modules.
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8
- Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform
- Podman, Buildah, Skopeo, Docker, and CRI-O
Subscriber exclusive content
A Red Hat subscription provides unlimited access to our knowledgebase, tools, and much more.