- A RHEL 6 system has a kernel panic on a divide by zero error in
find_busiest_group, and it fails to boot.
- A server hung unexpectedly with "divide by zero" error in
find_busiest_group, and a reboot was required:
divide error [...] RIP [<ffffffff81053b65>] find_busiest_group+0x5c5/0xb20 RSP <ffff880028363c40>
- A crash core analysis of a vmcore following an unexpected reboot in RHEL 6 reveals the following exception RIP in its backtrace:
[exception RIP: find_busiest_group+1477]
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.0
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.1
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.2
Subscriber exclusive content
A Red Hat subscription provides unlimited access to our knowledgebase of over 48,000 articles and solutions.