'Mounting timed out' of XFS local Filesystem in RHEL8 (reflink feature enabled)
- On RHEL 8 or higher, XFS local Filesystem fails to mount at boot time with 'Mounting timed out'.
- When system is booted, Filesystem can be mounted with no errors, but it takes long time to mount (more than 90 sec)
- The affected Filesystem has been resized (extended).
xfs_inforeports a big number in
agcountfor the affected Filesystem.
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8
- XFS Filesystem with Data Block Sharing (Reflink) enabled (enabled by default in RHEL 8)
Subscriber exclusive content
A Red Hat subscription provides unlimited access to our knowledgebase, tools, and much more.