- The kernel crashes and a vmcore file is captured sometimes.
- Red Hat engineer suggested it was very likely that the kernel crashed due to a corruption on a freelist pointer caused by a possible slab use-after-free/corruption.
- Also suggested enabling SLUB debugging with sanity check, red zoning, poisoning and user tracking for us to capture the very beginning of the slab corruption to find the root cause.
- How do we enable SLUB debugging with those options?
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8
Subscriber exclusive content
A Red Hat subscription provides unlimited access to our knowledgebase of over 48,000 articles and solutions.