- Unable to access the system's virtual console through Dell iDRAC, HP iLO, IBM IMM or similar out-of-band management platforms after setting the
nousb(RHEL 5,6,7) or
usbcore.nousb(RHEL 8+) option in the kernel line in grub configuration.
- The server does not respond to a SSH, or remote console, connection to HP ILO console web GUI. The HP ILO connection is established. However, the console login does not allow any interaction from the keyboard. Access to server is disabled with no keyboard interaction possible.
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8
- Dell servers with iDRAC (tested on 12G/14G servers equipped with iDRAC7/9)
- HPE servers with iLO
- IBM System x servers with IMM/IMM2
Subscriber exclusive content
A Red Hat subscription provides unlimited access to our knowledgebase, tools, and much more.