- After installing Red Hat Enterprise Linux, the system does not boot properly to a GUI desktop; only black and white text login screens are seen.
X Windows Systemwas not selected during the install, how can it be added post-install?
- Getting error message:
Unable to import modules. Maybe you're not running under X?
- Unable to boot to GUI mode
startxcommand is not working.
- How to install K Desktop Environment ( KDE) post install on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 ?
- How to install the GNOME Desktop Environment from text mode on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5?
- Which packages need to be installed in RHEL for starting X11 server ?
- Need help to get "X Windows" system started on RHEL.
- Which rpm packages are required for graphical display?
- Successfully installed RHEL operating system, but not getting GUI.
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7
- GNOME Desktop Environment
- K Desktop Environment
- X Window System
Subscriber exclusive content
A Red Hat subscription provides unlimited access to our knowledgebase of over 48,000 articles and solutions.
Welcome! Check out the Getting Started with Red Hat page for quick tours and guides for common tasks.