Why doesn't the anaconda `asknetwork` boot parameter work in Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7/8?
- Installing Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7/8 but
asknetworkparameter is not working to get the prompt for submitting IP address information.
- How to make sure the system gets IP address before installation starts in Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7/8?
- Anaconda: Dracut fails to correctly configure any network interface
- See many "Warning: dracut-initqueue timeout -starting timeout scripts" dracut-initqueue messages.
- See a "Warning: Could not boot." dracut-initqueue message.
- See a "Warning: /dev/root does not exist" dracut-initqueue message.
- Dropped to Dracut emergency shell.
- The /run/initramfs/rdsosreport.txt file shows a "No DHCPOFFERS received." dhclient message.
- Trying to install RHEL7/8 via a remote source on a machine connected to a DHCP-less network does not prompt the user for the network configuration as it did in the RHEL6 and RHEL5 installers.
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8
Subscriber exclusive content
A Red Hat subscription provides unlimited access to our knowledgebase, tools, and much more.