- Affinity of some interrupts cannot be changed via
/proc/irq/X/...and such interrupts ignore
irqaffinitykernel parameter from cmdline.
- If such interrupts are so-called "managed" interrupts, then requests to change its affinity from userspace will not work.
- Such "managed" interrupts can target isolated CPU cores and it will be impossible to re-target the IRQ to another CPU.
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 starting with kernel version
The issue was not observed on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.
Subscriber exclusive content
A Red Hat subscription provides unlimited access to our knowledgebase of over 48,000 articles and solutions.