- Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform (RHOCP)
- Red Hat OpenShift Service on AWS (ROSA)
- Red Hat OpenShift Dedicated (OSD)
- Azure Red Hat OpenShift (ARO)
- OpenShift Managed (Azure)
- Need to downgrade a version in OpenShift 4.
- An OCP 4 upgrade failed. How to revert the upgrade?
- After an OpenShift 4 upgrade, custom applications are not working. Is it possible to rollback the upgrade?
- Rolling back or downgrading the primary Openshift version to an earlier release is not feasible due to the presence of multiple API changes introduced in the latest versions.
- Returning to a prior version means reintroducing any bugs and security issues that were resolved in the upgrade. Essentially, opting for a downgrade jeopardizes the security of your cluster. It is vital to embrace these alterations to maintain compatibility and ensure a smoothly operational environment.
- Reverting or rolling back an OCP 4 cluster to a previous version is not supported. Only upgrading to a newer version is supported. Refer to the documentation section Understanding the OpenShift Update Service for more information about upgrades.
- In OpenShift 4, only upgrading to a newer version is supported. Reverting or rolling back an OCP 4 cluster to a previous version is not supported.
- Embracing the dynamism of Openshift, each new version brings forth impactful enhancements. To ensure a seamless transition, we advocate for thorough testing of your applications on the latest Openshift release prior to updating your production clusters.
There are some RFEs related that are pending:
- Support downgrading or installing a specific version of Operator in OCP4
- Capability to install a specific version of operator from the Operator hub and to downgrade the operator
- Rollback RHOCP version
- Microsoft Azure Red Hat OpenShift
- Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform
- Red Hat OpenShift Dedicated
- Red Hat OpenShift Service on AWS
This solution is part of Red Hat’s fast-track publication program, providing a huge library of solutions that Red Hat engineers have created while supporting our customers. To give you the knowledge you need the instant it becomes available, these articles may be presented in a raw and unedited form.