- What should go in password-auth vs system-auth in RHEL6 and RHEL 7 ?
- Changes made to /etc/pam.d/system-auth not honored for network services.
- In RHEL5 we would configure it in
/etc/pam.d/system-auth. However it seems that the way to go in RHEL6 is to add entry in
/etc/pam.d/sshd. I got it working using the latter but I just wanted to make sure we ate using the vendor-recommended (best practice) settings.
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7
Subscriber exclusive content
A Red Hat subscription provides unlimited access to our knowledgebase of over 48,000 articles and solutions.