- All Red Hat Enterprise Linux versions
- Apache httpd - all versions
- You need to install an Intermediate CA certificate. How to do it in Apache?
- Backup up all involved files before manipulate them.
- Locate the Apache configuration file where your Virtual Host is configured.
Locate the line "SSLCACertificateFile". Example:
Copy and paste the contents of the Intermediate CA into your CA cert (append in my_ca.crt );
# service httpd restart
Alternatively, in the Virtual Host settings for your site, in the httpd.conf file, you will need to add the following SSL directives.
SSLCertificateFile /etc/ssl/crt/public.crt //Locate Certificate File SSLCertificateKeyFile /etc/ssl/crt/private.key //Locate Private Key File SSLCertificateChainFile /etc/ssl/crt/intermediate.crt //Locate the Intermediate File
Details about this procedure also can be obtained with CA vendor that is providing the Intermediate CA:
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux
This solution is part of Red Hat’s fast-track publication program, providing a huge library of solutions that Red Hat engineers have created while supporting our customers. To give you the knowledge you need the instant it becomes available, these articles may be presented in a raw and unedited form.