- I'm trying to create a partition on my 5.4TB disk with fdisk and the partitions are not the correct size.
- Failed to see large file system, I made an RAID5 file system (DELL PERC-H730 controller) using 5x1.2TB disks and
#fdisk -l /dev/sdcshows that I do have
Disk /dev/sdc: 4798.6 GB, 4798552211456 bytes 90 heads, 3 sectors/track, 34711749 cylinders Units = cylinders of 270 * 512 = 138240 bytes
- Upon making new partition using
fdisk, followed by filesystem(mkfs) and mounting the new file system only show 2.0TB???
/dev/sdc1 2.0T 199M 1.9T 1% /data
- Cannot understand what I did wrong? on the making of partition.
Red Hat Enterprise Linux including :
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 3
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7
Disk or LUN exceeding 2TB in size
Subscriber exclusive content
A Red Hat subscription provides unlimited access to our knowledgebase, tools, and much more.