- DNS lookups within my Java application are slow due to poor response to IPv6 AAAA record requests within my DNS infrastructure.
- This is similar to Why are IPV6 DNS lookups done even when IPV6 is disabled in Red Hat Enterprise Linux?
- How can I change the
getaddrinfo(AF_UNSPEC)system call behaviour in Java, to only look up IPv4 A records when a DNS request is made?
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL)
- Java application performing DNS lookups
- DNS server which responds poorly/slowly to IPv6 AAAA requests
- JBoss Enterprise Application Platform (EAP)
Subscriber exclusive content
A Red Hat subscription provides unlimited access to our knowledgebase, tools, and much more.