- Several DL380 proliant servers are experiencing sudden unexpected resets without anything logged in os logs since customer upgraded the kernel from RHEL 7.3 to RHEL 7.5 (3.10.0-862.el7).
- The reboots did not generate any messages and hardly able to get vmcore files.
- From the generated vmcore files it is suspected a possible memory corruption which is not even catched with slub_debug=zp
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.5 (3.10.0-862.el7.x86_64)
- HPE/ProLiant DL380 Gen10 or BL920s Gen9
- UEFI boot loader
Subscriber exclusive content
A Red Hat subscription provides unlimited access to our knowledgebase of over 48,000 articles and solutions.