- A RHEL 7 host may lose some network connectivity, possibly for minutes at a time.
- May affect NFS and trigger nfs: server [...] not responding, still trying log messages on an NFS client machine.
- Connectivity with some subset of remote hosts may continue to function as expected while this is occurring.
- No obvious OS network error counter related to the issue.
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7
- Possibly trigger by heavy network or memory load
- Possibly more likely to occur in environments with large MTU (Jumbo frames)
- Seen on an NFS client with kernel 3.10.0-957.5.1.el7 or NFS server with 3.10.0-862.14.4.el7, but applications other than NFS affected as well
mlx5based NICs (possibly others)
Subscriber exclusive content
A Red Hat subscription provides unlimited access to our knowledgebase of over 48,000 articles and solutions.