- I did read Does the change of the Japanese Era affect Red Hat Enterprise Linux?, how can I verify if my installed glibc implements the new Japanese era name which will be used from 2019-05-01 onwards?
- How can I immediately update my glibc locales to support the new Japanese era name?
- If there is no official glibc available for my RHEL system, is there some workaround so I can use the new era name? Are there side effects or downsides of the workaround?
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL), major versions 4, 5, 6, 7, and 8
- glibc locales, specifically ja_JP
- Japanese era name
Subscriber exclusive content
A Red Hat subscription provides unlimited access to our knowledgebase of over 48,000 articles and solutions.