- How can the default permissions of a log file (e.g. /var/log/messages) be changed to make it world-readable or world-writeable?
- Changing permissions of system log files via
createdirectives in /etc/logrotate.d/syslog doesn't work with rsyslog v5 (e.g. in RHEL6). No matter what is configured via
logrotate, log files always have 600 permissions.
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8
Subscriber exclusive content
A Red Hat subscription provides unlimited access to our knowledgebase, tools, and much more.