- Using a combination of a EXT4 filesystem, Oracle RMAN backups set with
filesystem_io=SETALL, and compression enabled causes database backups to be corrupted during recovery.
- This behavior may have been ongoing for some time and was only noticed after validation was enabled during database restores.
- The last 512 byte block is being overwritten with zeros and this is corrupting the database.
- The corrupted 512 byte block is consistently
131072, but not always.
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8
- Oracle RMAN for database backups/recovery
Subscriber exclusive content
A Red Hat subscription provides unlimited access to our knowledgebase, tools, and much more.